In this blog I will share with you the impact that isolation has had on young people and the ways in which you can continue to progress, become confident and work towards success from the comfort of your home.
HOW HAS THE PANDEMIC AFFECTED YOUNG PEOPLE?
ISOLATION, a term that has defined most of our lives in 2020. Globally we have been forced into isolation, quarantine and generally, into and day-to-day lives that are alien to us! With all of this combined, along with added economic uncertainty and pressures, it is no surprise that we are lacking in confidence and are finding ourselves increasingly anxious. How are you coping? Are you ok? Questions that we often ask one another but quite often brush over because admitting that you are not ok and not coping can sometimes be more difficult than keeping it to yourself. Being denied our fun social life and opportunity to date we are really feeling alone and low.
Unfortunately, those aged 16-24 have been among the hardest hit by the pandemic. This is because they are most at risk of unemployment and now more than ever, are faced with reduced opportunities for employment and training.
• A survey by the ‘Resolution Think Tank’ discovered that a third of people aged 18-24 had lost work because of the pandemic.
• Despite their connection to social media, 51% of Gen Z prefers to communicate with co-workers, friends, and family face-to-face rather than through messaging.
• The ‘Hope not Hate’ campaign group found that 55% of the young people surveyed believed that their options for the future had been limited.
I am here to tell you that yes, it may seem like (on the surface) your prospects have been limited, but this does not mean that you have to delay or halt your progress. With limited opportunities you need to be the most attractive candidate to an employer and be able to be adaptable to do multiple tasks so you can apply for a wider range of roles.
WHAT 3 THINGS SHOULD YOU DO?
1. Dedicate time to learning and development. There are plenty of free resources out there you can tap into. If you want to make sure you are getting the right training and you really want to WOW an employer then show them you have had training and support from proven trusted training provider or trainer.
2. Belief in yourself and be confident. To do this you need to surround yourself with like minded people that inspire, guide, and support you. These are not always your besties; they are people who share the same goals as you and understand what you want and what you need to get there
3. Connect and join networks that help you learn, grow, and get introductions to employers and customers
HOW CAN WE HELP YOU?
For less than a £1 per day we can help you with all the three things we listed above. *
You will gain regular support via our lives and zoom sessions with Debbie and industry experts. Connect with a like-minded young talent community whilst gaining recognition, guidance and support from your guide, Debbie Sweeney. Debbie is a phenomenally successful experienced trainer with an insane amount of recommendations. Having provided sales training to near 1,000 Generation Y’s (your brothers and sister) Debbie knows how to add some zing and zang to keep you entertained whilst you gain professional training. When you have fun learning you retain more information and you are hungry to learn more.
I know it is insane that you can get so much value for less than a chocolate bar a day. We understand money is tight during this pandemic and you want to have some fun too so we want to help you get on the right path to your successful destination without it giving you even more debt to pay off.
*All pricing is valid within 30 days of the article date. Please refer to the pricing page for up to date pricing.
Find out more about our membership and kick start your success journey today. For every day you wait you are delaying your progress. Why wait and miss out. Your £1 per day investment will reap rewards.*I AM UP FOR IT! – TELL ME MORE ABOUT THE MEMBERSHIP